Team Manager | Accounts & Client Support (Brisbane)
DCS Group Aust Pty Ltd is looking for a Team Manager to join our Brisbane office. We are a Debt Agreement Administrator licensed under Australian Bankruptcy Laws. We offer a variety of personal insolvency solutions to people who are experiencing serious financial problems. We are seeking a strong people manager, ideally with a background in financial services / professional services who are looking to take the next step in their career.
Are you ready for your next challenge?
Operating as a member of the Management Team, the Accounts & Client Support Team Manager is focussed on actively managing the Accounts & Client Support teams to ensure all actions covered under the administration of a Debt Agreement are carried out accurately and in a timely manner in accordance with the legislation.
Key responsibilities of the Team Manager include:
- Supervising the Accounts & Client Support team (includes full-time, part-time, casual and remote team members)
- Ensure that all work performed adheres to the current legislation with regards to Debt Agreements.
- Managing and assigning tasks to complete the quarterly cycle of payments from clients, adjustments to Debt Agreements and payment of dividends to creditors while ensuring operational deadlines are met.
- The culmination of all Accounts activities is the completion of the Annual Estate Return at the end of each financial year.
- Delegating and scheduling tasks within the Client Support team to ensure that all client queries are answered in a professional and efficient manner, all payment schedules are maintained as per clients’ needs and requests.
- Establish work targets / KPIs and managing the performance of team members (including performance reviews), ensuring they have role clarity and the desired competencies, skills and knowledge to perform to expectations
- Managing staffing levels by recruiting, selecting, inducting and training employees and providing opportunities for training and individual development.
- Continuously reviewing Department processes and systems to identify opportunities for improvement, ensuring that change is effectively managed.
- Work cohesively with the Management team to create a high performing and client focussed culture through effective communication and team engagement.
How will you know the Team Manager role is the right career move for you?
- You have significant experience managing people.
- You have experience with financial services or professional services.
- Cert IV / Diploma or Bachelor Degree in Business Finance, Accounting or similar.
- You have a strong understanding of the legislation and processes within Debt Agreements and some knowledge of Personal Insolvency Agreements and Bankruptcies.
- You have a positive attitude towards change.
- You have a strong customer focus with a very collaborative approach to your work.
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- You have high attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Ability to manage self and apply coping strategies during high pressurised deadline period.
- Experience with Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
A bit about us…
Our offices are located in Stafford, with free on-site parking available… people are genuinely surprised at what we have on offer.
We have a great workplace culture with a talented group of 65 employees (and growing!). Our team enjoys the facilities of a full kitchen, commercial espresso coffee machines and iPads for their use in the break room. Our annual Christmas ball is a “not to be missed” event to celebrate all that we have achieved through the year.
To learn more about our company and how we assist our clients, please review the information on this website.
If you have all of this and are ready to be challenged, please click APPLY NOW to send in your resume and cover letter to DCS Group.
No contact from recruitment agencies or third parties, please!
Criminal history and financial integrity checks will also be completed for the successful candidate.